Sunday, May 23, 2010

2 calls

2 calls ...2 compliants.
The first call is from Darrin. Darrin say his neighbor is calling a him a sex offender when he picks up his kid from the bus.

The back story is that Darrin is a compulsive liar, who grows pot and within the last 2 months burned his bridge with the neighbor by accusing him of assault (at best a slap to the face). I inform Darrin that there is a freedom of speech and that he should not have burned the bridge with the neighbor. Darrin becomes more and more irate, stating I need to keep the peace. I again tell Darrin that I will talk to the neighbor, but he has to be responsible for his actions and I can't fix his problems. Darrin is still irate letting me know that the neighbor is disturbing the peace. He keeps yelling, I hang up and let my Sgt know there is going to be a compliant.

I talk to the neighbor. He didn't stand on the sidewalk and call Darrin a sex offender. Darrin was trying to talk to his kids through the fence and offer them candy. The neighbor asked him why he was acting weird like a pedophile. They hate each other. I advise them of his free speech and ask him not to create a disturbance. Darrin is calls my Sgt to complian.


My second complaint was from the female and a traffic stop. I have stopped her several times in two different cars for being suspended. She accuses me of harassing her for no reason.
She wants my badge number. I give her a business card and tell her my Sgt. name.

2 Comments:

Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

Part and parcel, I suppose, but still makes for a suckass day.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Raindog said...

How about..

"You aren't doing your job unless you get complaints."

or

You can please some people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home