Monday, January 31, 2005

DRY Landie

Adventures I have at my "adult camp":

Explaining to other professionals, that your employer doesn't allow for certain training. Explaining to them that you don't use most job related equipment.
So now that I have thrilled you with a written memo of my adventures I shall elaborate. My job sent me to an academy to learn better safety techniques. Other counties sent there employees as well, a total of 30 of us. It is a nice mix of people. Unfortunately we are in one of the smalliest college towns in this state, which also used to be the last dry county, so that mean all of the "excitement" of alcohol, must be pursued else where, mainly any of the small cities, or big cities east or south. Because there are only so much to do in town after 5 pm.
But with nothing else really to say, let's discuss the finer points. 8 hours of class, college student who dislike you for no reason, no car, no bars, the food is good, the dorm mattress are slightly post WWII, and all i really want is a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, but she wouldn't give it to me, just a Pepsi.....
I miss my wife, I miss my dogs, I want do things. Maybe this is to teach me a lesson about sitting on my arse. I don't think I was appreciating the fact of cars and bars, and mobility.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erik Bishoff said...

Aaah yes... LaGrande Oregon. The sprawling metropolis that is Eastern Oregon University.

I took a tour of EOU (which at the time was EOSC) when I was a senior in High School and though... um... no!

Thank God for Ashland... the non-dryest town in the state! *buuuurp*

I miss Omars!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Good Lord... I thought I'd go the rest of my life without being reminded of Suicidal Tendencies lyrics, but there you are.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home