Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good Cop/Bad Cop

Working with M, fresh from a long 8 month tour working schools. M is a little rusty shagging calls. M covers me a lot. I am familiar with a lot of the frequent flyers and get to be bad cop. I let him swoop him and be the good cop. M is a good talker and they are eager to talk to someone who won't tell them they are liars.

That is the way most of the calls go. M is primary on a possible DUII. M gets to be bad cop. The lady plays dumb and isn't cooperating. M steps and continues to hound her and then lets it sink in.

M doesn't have enough to arrest, but grills her. The lady breaks down, explaining her boyfriend is a drunk and worthless. I step in and start talking.
-you can have him evicted and get a restraining order against him. this is how you do it.
"really?"
-yes, if you are unhappy and want to take control start by doing this. here are some numbers that are better counsellors than me. If you drink don't drive. You are better than that. We don't want you to kill yourself or anyone else. Do you want to kill someone?
"no"

M and I walk off.
"I like doing bad cop/good cop. It's nice to do bad cop for a change."
-yeah I am good at the bad cop thing. It gives you an edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home