Monday, July 02, 2007

I am a Meter Maid

My part time job, which is supposed to be 19.5 hours a week and is running 24-30 hours a week, is mainly....parking enforcement. I don't get one of the those cool golf carts to ride around and ticket people, but I get to ticket people. I work in a historical city that has regulations and a concert hall that brings anywhere from 400-2300 people into the town of 2900. Plus there really is no parking for the venue. So people park in street, on corners, on citizens' lawns and in their driveways. I, the might METER MAID, walk (if the bike tire is flat again) and issue tickets and directions to the confused. If only I could give people parking tickets all day long. Sure yesterday I only wrote 7 tickets for about the 400 people, but those tickets, but that is about $440 worth. Two days ago I wrote 26 tickets worth $1100. So that means somewhere, someone says I am going to hell... a hell with meter maids.

I was challenged by a comment reveal 8 secrets about myself. What the hell type of secrets? What am I supposed to do?
I am unemployed (part time, no benefits doesn't count)-so that isn't a secret.
I stole a bucket from a restaurant during a flood. I don't really have secrets, I am too honest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Mostly I was just prodding you to blog more often, since you don't even send your weekly e-mails much anymore (or do you, and I'm not copied?!?) They don't have to be secrets, just stuff that we may not know about you. What I wrote on mine weren't really secrets, just 8 things from my past that don't come up in conversation, so they aren't really well known things.

You don't have to do it if you can't think of anything, like I said, I was just trying to get you to write more often. :)

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home