Monday, July 20, 2009

ouch

if you are local you saw the news.

or if i emailed you the link, even better.

my car got smashed. i wasn't in it and no one else was hurt.

there was a fire in a commercial big rig truck on the highway. i was alone. no staters, no other county units, no road crew.

i am rerouting traffic at the south end. i am there for hour, sweating, nearly getting hit by idiots, explaining "yes this is a detour, no you can't go through, no you can't stop there, yes you need to keep moving....."

the big rigs are tricky i have to slow traffic so they can get by .

I am doing pretty good, the staters and road crew are starting arrive. i wave a truck by.

bang and crunch

my head pivots towards my car, towards the direction of the big rig that just went by. i see the front end of the car being crunched and pushed by the rear tires of the truck.

witnesses would later remember my initial response as being
"SON OF A BITCH!"
followed by
-DD can you notify SGT, my vehicle has been struck by truck. no injuries, but i am going to need a tow and i am really blocking traffic now.

the driver of the rig gets out and says.
"shit i don't need this, this is my first trip driving by myself, i just got my CDL"

-great

we exchange info. staters handle the investigation, take pictures, contact the car that was hit by my car. oh yeah did i mention it hit another car? did i also mention the officer who i share the car with is very possessive about the car and gets bent out of shape when i leave a pen in it.

i'm not happy. i am still on probation. i can get canned for anything. i get a slow ride in the sgt's car back into town, past the 2 miles of cars ...backed up, behind my smashed car.

the stater comes by the station, gets my info and gives me some info.
he tells me not to worry, they guy admitted to him it was a bad turn and he was at fault. the driver told him he didn't want to hit the cement rails, so he cut the corner to quickly.

i go into to DMV to submit my crash report. the guy at the DMV goes "so you were the lucky officer."

add another nickname my growing list

crash

update no pictures, but the car is not totalled and will be back in rotation in a while

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home