Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The real story

Finishing a shift and reports, I sit listening to the radio. Graveyard shift is handling a vehicle crash.
A disturbance call comes out and I volunteer to help out.

I arrive on scene with Wendy and Morgan are arguing. Wendy is married to Bill. They are about to file divorce paper work and are separated. Bill has taken the children from Wendy and won't let Wendy see the kids. Morgan is Bill's new girlfriend/roommate. Morgan is babysitting the kids and has been letting Wendy come over, because she doesn't think what Bill is doing is right.

Wendy came over and now wants to leave with the kids, which has caused the argument. I arrive both ladies are upset. I separate them and get the story. Morgan let Wendy to the house. When Wendy wants to leave with the kids. Morgan puts her hands on Wendy, pushing her into a sliding door and damaging the blinds. Bill is at work.

I tell Bill on the phone that I don't have any reason to detain Wendy and she has the right to take the kids. Morgan says she is surprised she is not going to jail for touching Wendy. Morgan is not interested pressing charges and leaves with the kids.

Morgan says she is afraid of what Bill is going to do when he gets home. Bill will not be happy she has been letting Wendy visit with the kids. Morgan quickly gets dressed and wants to know if there is a shelter she can go to.

Bill shows up. I tell him Wendy is gone. He leaves stating he will get the kids back. Bill jumps into a car and drives into the next pond looking for his kids. That pond directs him back to my Sgt, because I have gone home.

Sgt. talks to Bill who wants to press charges for trespassing and damaging property. Sgt wants me to re-interview Morgan, she has a new story.

I talk to Morgan the next day by phone. I ask her what her version (what happened) again. Morgan states that Wendy forced her way into the house with a male she know as Carl. Then stated she was taking the kids. Morgan doesn't say how the blinds/sliding door get damaged.

I ask her
-So that is your version of it?
"That is what happened"
-you realize you are contradicting your statements form last night
"what does contradict mean?"
-it is different than what you told me last night
"no it isn't"
-yes it is. it is a crime to initiate a false reports, as well as Wendy most likely press charges against you. Is Bill pressuring you to change your story? Do you want be a liar?
"no he isn't. that is what happened, i am not lying"
-okay well I forward your statement to the District Attorney and expect charges to follow. I will know you are a liar.
"well that is what it happened"
-have a nice day
click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home