Thursday, November 18, 2010

Repeat

Another Saturday and I am dispatched to a similar call at a similar address.

Dispatch provides the info: "Tim was at home with his girlfriend. Tim became suicidal and grabbed a rifle. Tim pointed the gun at himself and girlfriend left."

I provide additional info to other units, I was there a month ago same similar situation.
-Several firearms in the house. Tim drinks becomes suicidal and resist

All units arrive on scene and set up on the house. I knock on the door.
-Tim come to the back door with your hands up. We know you are in there

After several minutes of pretending he isn't there, Tim opens a bathroom window and starts talking to Officer B., his hands are empty.

Officer B keeps Tim busy, while I circle to the back door. Officer B gives Tim 3 chances to come to the back of the door to talk.
Tim declines. I notify Officer B, I am in position and B says go.

I kick the backdoor, trailed by another officer.
Tim yells "SHIT!", as he realizes I am in the house and have a taser pointed at him.
Tim complies and is taken into custody. The gun is found loaded under a bed.

"why did you guys come in?"
-you were given the opportunity to come to the door 3 times. we weren't just going away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home