Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Year

The new year brought the new shift schedule and hours. One 12 hour shift, 3pm-3am.
My day starts at 11 am, called in by Lt. to a possible DV assault in edge of pond.
Hampered by icy roads it take a hour to get there, only to discover at best it was a harassment; brother's girlfriend threw a plastic cup at brother leaving a small cut on his nose.
It takes a hour to get back. Now 2 pm, my shift starts at 3 pm. I start shagging pending calls until shift starts.
On the rollover of shifts the other guys all worked until about 9 am, due to all the fights on New Year's Eve.
I poach all their calls, allowing them to catch up with the paper.
2 am comes around and an assault call comes in.
"Man at his neighbor's house with multiple stab wounds"
My shift ends at 4:30, home by 5am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Wow, that really did start with a bang :( I hope it's not a reflection of how the entire year will go for you.

How long can they keep up with the 12 hour days like that?

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home