Monday, January 03, 2011

Reserve

Now with fewer officers we have an influx of people in the reserve program.
Most hoping for a job when times get better.

I have Joe with me, newly uniformed and eager to get out of the car finally.
Joe is introduce to one of the local natives.
A 20 yr old alcoholic female, Ami, known to resist and generally be unpleasant.

"D.D. welfare check on female yelling in crying in a field"
Officer K arrives 10 seconds before me in the area where Ami lives and usually walks drunkly.

K is out with female who is sitting in the snow holding on to the base of a mailbox.
I get out of the car with Joe and ask dispatch to run Ami the Drunk. Sure the sobbing female is Ami.

Ami is crying and yelling at K to leave her alone.
K asks her to stand up and be cooperative
"FUCK YOU PRICK"

Knowing Ami's predispostion to fight/spit/kick, I grab her, pick her up and put her into an arm bar bending her at the waist. Ami starts to spit but only sees the ground.

Joe steps into position and handcuffs her, without being told. I start to put Ami into my car.
"Don't touch me you honkie!" and the insults erupt for Ami
-do you want Joe to help you into the car, he is hispanic?
"FUCK that spic bastard. I hate MEXICANS!"

Ami gets into the car and we drive to the detox center. Ami continues the insults, stating I could be arresting "rape-O's", "fuckers" and real criminals.
"I was only a block from my house. FUCKER! you are just picking on me"

Joe can't believe how Ami behaves. We get to the detox center, who will not take her after they find out it is Ami.
"I told you were wasting my time. Stupid Honkie"

I transport her to the hospital. Ami steps up her verbal aggression.
" I am going to murder your family. You will drown in blood." She begins to scream at the top off her lungs.
-I can't hear you
Joe's eyes grow big.

Ami works herself into a fury, but calms down right as I get her to the hospital.
Security meets us with a wheelchair. Ami refuses to get into the wheelchair. I explain she can do what is asked of her or I will make her.

Ami walks.
I get her into the admitting room, past a room full of people waiting to be seen.
Ami last all of 10 seconds before she is screaming
"FUCK YOU!"
I hook my arm into her bicep and pick her up, bending her over at the waist.

It takes 5 hold her down and remove her clothes. She manages to spit at Joe and the trauma nurse, who barely avoid it.

-Ami remember we don't have to do things this way. If you behave like an ass you will be treated like one. If you want to be treated reasonably, behave that way.

"I have been treated like shit, so I don't give a shit"
-well Ami I will treat you as nice as you behave.

Joe is amazed in the car.
"what is with her? how can anybody be like that?"
-some people are don't know any better, don't want to try and think that is the way you behave. welcome to LE

2 Comments:

Blogger deputydog said...

Ami was arrested two days later for assaulting a police officer....again.

6:14 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

I ran into Ami again a week later. She was newly 21 and only a little drunk.
"you can't be DD, we aren't allowed contact"
-that only means I can't take you to sizzler.
"you can't be DD, he is pudgier"
my cover units laugh

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home