Sunday, March 06, 2011

Oppurtunity

I stop John for no muffler.
Driver wants to get out and talk to me
"I got no license or hard identification"
-okay I am going to put you in handcuffs until I figure what is going on"
"I got weed on me"
-thanks for being honest.

John is suspended misdemeanor. He has switched the plates on the vehicle, he is on probation, he doesn't have any paperwork for the vehicle, no insurance.

-John, you been pretty nice. I will just cite and release to you for the DWS-misdemeanor, take the plates and you can walk home. I can still come back in 30 days in give all the traffic cites.

"thanks for the break"
I get called to cover another officer. I then get called to a disturbance. As I fly by I see John walking down the road. I clear the disturbance and head to a bar check.

I am about to pass where John's vehicle should be parked.
John is in the car which is about to pull onto the road. I stop him again.
-so what are we doing?
"i was moving it so my buddy could see me and give me a ride"
-tell you what if he shows up and you are telling me the truth no tickets. I give him 10 minutes.

John's buddy never shows up
John gets another citation for DWs-Misdemeanor and 5 traffic citations and I impound his vehicle.
-John I gave you an oppurtunity
"man i just make dump mistake after mistake.
he walks off into the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home