Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Felony Cell Phone

Waiting to turn at the light, I glance into the rear view mirror.
I see a female talking on her cell phone.
I make the turn and pull aside, so she can pass and then stop her.

-i am DD, i stopped you because you were talking on your cell phone.
"I am sorry. I didn't know you couldn't do it"
-license, registration, insurance
"I can't find the registration or insurance, but I just want to go pick up my kids."
she is all over the place in the car, moving and talking.
-keep looking, I'll be right back

she comes back suspended and on probation for drugs. i walk to the car.
"i can't find the insurance, can i just go pick up my kids?"
-well we have a problem, you are suspended
"i have to pick up my kids"
-i am going to see why you are suspended, i'll be back and we will go from there

i walk to my car and review her driving record, suspend from drug court.
she exits the car and starts walking towards me. i give her orders, she complies.
-is there anything in the car i should know about?
"are you going to impound it? no"
-i don't know if you have insurance yet. is there any contraband in the car?
"no"
-can I search the car?
"yes"
-is there anything in the car?

she looks at me
"yes, there bag of dope in the car. under the driver's seat in a purple bag. it's not mine.
-okay go ahead, put your hands behind your back. i am putting you into cuffs for my safety.

i request a second unit, cuff her and have her sit on my bumper.
under the driver's seat is a purple bag. I glove up and peer into the bag. there are used and un-used needles, two bags of meth, a digital scale and misc drug stuff. she also has marijuana in her purse.

I allow her call her boyfriend to pick up her kids, notify her PO and take her to jail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home