Wednesday, August 11, 2010

12 hrs

I starts at 8pm briefing.

Sgt "who wants to sit on a body for hours?"

I look around. I have the least amount of seniority. Everyone else yells "no it". No reserves are available
I don't bother. I know my fate is sealed. I place a call home to get a cooler ready with food for the long haul.

I pick up the search and rescue guy and his GPS and get the coordinates and directions.
I notify the officer that I am enroute, with some food, he has been there for 8 hours and according to him it will take 3 hours to get there.
2.5 hours later down a "dirt road" i relieve Officer T. T shows the body off in the distance.
"make sure it doesn't move, do checks every 30 minutes"
6 hours later relief comes and i can begin the 2 hour drive back

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Ugh... I hope you have a decently loaded iPod for those drives. I've found podcasts make the time go by faster than music... it's more like having a conversation in the car.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home