Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Magnet

I was informed by another officer, that I am a "shit magnet."

After my last call on my friday, I attract...or find trouble.
My last call started as a car I knew to be owned by a lady with no insurance, parked in front of a guy's house, Carl, who is suspended and has no insurance.
I see the car, drive by Carl.

Carl pulls of as soon as he sees me start in his direction. He attempts to go behind a business, but I am on the other side. Carl quickly parks and exits the vehicle, Carl doesn't want me in the vehicle or near it.

-Hey Carl, Still suspended?
"Man I just bought this car. Can I have someone get it?"
Carl is inching farther and farther away from the car.
-you off probation?
"yes for about a year."

On the driver's seat sit a small little blue bag. I think it's a dope purse. I ask if I search the car.

"no, I'd rather you not"

Carl is sweating up a storm and moving around alot, more nervous than he ever has been. I pat him down for weapons. Carl has a set of brass knuckles in his back pocket.
-Carl your are not allowed to carry these, especially since you are a felon.
Carl slips into handcuffs

Carl's phone rings. I don't let him answer. Carl begins to sweat more
-Carl can I search the car?
"No"
-Carl, I am going to have inventory it when I impound it. Can I search your car?
"Can I have a smoke? Can I have some water? Can I call my wife?"
-Carl we will get to all of those later. I have always been fair with you right?
"I don't want to catch 13 years, like my buddy did. I want to see my family. My kid is sick"
-Carl, you have got to help yourself out.

I get Carl some water.
"A buddy used my car. I just got it back. He left a gun in the trunk and I moved it to under the front seat. It isn't mine...you can search"

Carl has 2 knives, 1 scanner, a set of binoculars, an unloaded .45 under the driver's seat and the small blue bag contains a needle and a gram of meth.

Carl catches 3 felonies and misdemeanor, and there could be more. I let him smoke and let him call his wife.

Carl ends up at jail, saying hello to familiar staff and inimates he recognises the moment we arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home