Monday, March 28, 2005

Damnation

Just a quick damnation to everything that needs damning;
potholes, speeding tickets, lines, rude people, pushey salemen, painful deaths, meetings, taxes, boy bands, ET (the tv show), golf on tv, pop radio, the term extreme (as in "Extreme sports," or I have to take an extreme dump! DUDE!"), slivers, cars driving by with way too much bass, litter....
i know i wanted to damn more things, i had a huge mental list, but 5 minutes went by and i can't remember a damn thing....
I decided to bore the fudge out of casual people looking at the web by practicing putting pictures of my coasters on. That way i will get good at it and drive people crazy. Why can't you ever drive the right people crazy? And if you drive them crazy why don't they ever ride off into oblivion?
How come the phrase, "I'm so bored I'm drinking bleach" repeats in my head?

Mindless ramblings.

One of the guys on the hierarchy above me quit. Forming a void that is ripe for filling. There was a job opening shortly after that (2 days, odd for a organization that prides itself on being nothing else if not a bureaucracy). I quickly turned in my application, the next day, eager to move up and not be the lowest person on the shit stick. The next day opening remove, due to the fact that the advertisement had been filled with numerous "illogical" errors about the job and actually work. Which is hard for me to figure out how they noticed it ever unless someone pointed it out, like a 5yr old. So, they are returning it and will re-advertise. The best part is that i have to re-submit my application. It will be the roughest 5 minutes ever, better sharpen my crayon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Bureaucracy is fun! Your post almost makes me miss working with the Department of Commerce.

Almost.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Erik Bishoff said...

ET the TV show?!
Are you serious?
Where was I when this happened?

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home