Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The week according to Foz

So evidently weekends off is a myth (see mrs). after not having weekends off for at least a year. i finally got the schedule. BUT no, one guy keeps taking last minute time off and expecting everyone else to cover. I don't think it would bug me as much if the co-worker put forth effort at work or I wasn't obnoxiously busy with throwing drunks out of town. The co-worker maybe under the impression he can take off 4 weekends in a row. WRONG.

I am finally certified, paper award and everything.

The highlights of the week involve a traffic stop with a rotting deer carcass not 20 feet upwind.
"I am sorry I pulled over by the deer carcass", said the driver. he was suspended and instead of towing I let a licensed driver take the car, so I wouldn't have to smell the deer while waiting for the tow. The best was the flies landing on me and people in the car. where do you think the flies came from? yummy.

Or the classical musicians in town. There about 40 and they all went to the bars after practice. i sit at the main intersection blacked out waiting for victims to drive by. i hear 3 guys walking up the street around the corner. Two men walk off the sidewalk about 5 feet in front of the car and start reading themselves to pee. The 3rd man is talking loudly about how there is no one around and they could get away with it if there wasn't a cop 5 ft away. I don't know if he saw me or was giving them crap or got lucky. The two guys heads whip towards me. I was about to turn on the spot light, the sirens and the lights, but I can't. I end up laughing loudly (it's funny). they all quickly start walking towards me. I inform them of the $500 fine and point out the public restroom. They smile sheepishly and thank me. I remind them my city doesn't like to be peed on.

New favorite shows since Battlestar G. has decided to hide from me.
Generation Kill on HBO is frackin hilarious.
Also getting into Deadwood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Congratulations on the certification!

The spotlight would have been rolling on the floor funny. :) (Heh... "Welcome to my city, please don't pee on it.")

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home