Sunday, August 17, 2008

The chase EPILOGUE

So I get a call to assist the county. There is a MVC in near the historic town, can I assist? Hell yes (it happened at shift change for county) and it's about 2 minutes away. A single car in the ditch, one occupant, fire and EMT on scene.
I get on scene car is in a 6 feet ditch with water all around it. Female is being attended to by one, while others are trying to find how to get to the other side of the ditch. I talk to the witness who said the lady was weaving the 2 miles before she weaved into the ditch. I the witnesses info and she leaves. I jump into the ditch and assist the getting EMT and firefighters and the victim across. There are 3 bottles of pills in the car. The victim is loaded into the car and stops breathing twice. The county unit arrives later and gets the info. The county unit tells me the found the guy from the pursuit up at house in the Tweaker's Briar patch and he is in jail. SWEEETT!!!!. I will get to dump some paper on him. I call the jail and he was shipped to the work center.

I call his Probation Officer to set up a time to talk. No one has a problem with it, because I don't have to get a warrant and the C. and the PO don't care. I drive out to meet my guy and read his right.

-so do you want to talk to me?
"yes"
-so tell me about the pursuit
"I don't know what you are talking about?
-so it wasn't you wouldn't stop for me, nearly hit 3 vehicles, 3 flaggers, blew through lights, crashed, left the puppy in the car, ran from me on foot, stole a kids bike and then paid a guy $ to get back to my pond?
"sorry wasn't me"
-well okay, here are your cites, 2 felonies and 7 misdemeanors.
"man I wished you believed me"
-well I saw you run right in front of me and I will testify in court about that and I have a witness who puts in area, so see you in court.
"i got to call my lawyer"

The next day I am talking to the mrs and hear the ATL for two males walk away from the work center. My suspect and idiot boy (cuz he has a huge tattoo on his face). So innocent you have to escape custody. love it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

What's the difference between the jail and the work center?

6:03 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

jail you sit on thumbs with all the inmates. the work center you do programs, can go to work, fight fires, be out for some few during the day, transition from prison.
i love how the innocent flee.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Oh yeah, he's TOTALLY innocent. In fact he's so innocent he didn't even need to bother with the whole court thing... just up and left to save the tax payer's money. How very kind of him to be so concerned for the general population.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home