Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Odd Day

It's my Monday literally and figuratively.

How do you start your Monday. The C and invites you to the skate park to bug teenage smokers. No big deal I love hassling the occupants of the skate park. It takes all of three minutes. We both notice the tour bus going up the windy one lane road that ends in a zero place to turn around for tour bus area, commonly called the cemetery. We both remark about how that bus should back up to avoid getting stuck or snagging a tree or worse.

A man approaches, wearing jeans, tshirt, oafish (i say oafish because it is a terrible attempt at a cowboy hat) cowboy hat and cowboy boots with the jeans hastily tucked into them.

The man introduces himself as the tour guide for a bus full of tourist.

"Can the bus make it up the road and turn around?"

-No, you are better off backing up-

"The whole bus in full of French Tourist and get a kick out of the Cowboy thing, that is why I am dressed like a cowboy."

-good thing they aren't into cheerleaders-
C laughs.
"Hey (speaking to C) you wouldn't mind coming on the bus and playing along while I tell them they can't drive up there because of a gunfight?"

C sounds like a pup job.

I accompany the man back to the bus which is backed with 40+ French Tourists. He explains and the translator does her job. They laugh and then.....they sing me a song. The whole busload, with clapping. They are very happy. I smile and say thank you and leave the bus.

I get in my car and drive up the hill. I radio the C
-A busload of French people just sang to me-
what did they sing?
-I don't speak enough french-
C laughs.

The day the a busload of french tourist sang to me.

Not to mention the lady who "swerved to miss the deer". The deer no one else saw. The witness who was following her and calling 911 to reporter her swerving driving didn't see it either. Not to mention the two pill bottles in the car. Not to mention the EMT mentions they put the thing in down her throat, without trouble. I ask what does that mean?
"either she is unconscious or she really relaxed"
they load her up and take her to the hospital. she stops breathing a couple times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I've been to that cemetery, but I think they made us walk though... I don't recall the tour bus going anywhere outside of the town.

Tour bus songs are fun! :)

Sounds like the lady might have been enjoying one too many sleepers?

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home