Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Short Talk

Today I had the fortunate/unfortunate task of talking to the Chief.

I have applied to other ponds. I'd rather not for the reasons I love the people in my pond. I love the people I work with. I love the department. I don't love the pay and the fact it stands in the way of a future with a family.

I am in background with one department. The stage were they talk to everyone and an investigator asked if I had told the Chief. Telling your boss that you are looking for work else where is never fun. In this instance it will be hard. Having been cut from my last job and being almost desperate for a LE job. To be given another chance, to be taken in and be treated with respect and as an equal (yes being given shit about minor mistakes).

I had thought about what this job had meant, but the Mrs had made me realize how good this part of my life had been. How much the pond was good place.

So, I get up early (off days I try to keep same schedule, but this is important) and drive to the talk to the Chief. He is in and I give him the news about what is going on. I want him to hear it from me first and the reasons. Chief knows the reasons and understands. It went easy but it still feels odd.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

You have good reasons to be moving - you are working towards creating the future life you want for you and your wife. It might feel awkward, but it's less awkward than if you had let some investigator be the one to surprise the Chief.

Good luck with the background stuff.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home