Monday, April 27, 2009

Chocolate Milk

Chocolate Milk.

Strangely I am craving it.

Saturday Mom calls. Her daughter has mental health issues and has not heard from her in a day and no one will open the door at her residence.

They are waiting for an officer.

I get there the landlord has kicked the door in.

She is unresponsive in the bed.

There is a note and an empty bottle of oxycodone, filled the day before, 60 pills.

There is an almost empty glass of chocolate milk. I grab her foot call and her name while I wait for EMTs.

The EMT's arrive and immediately give her something to counter act the pills.

She regains some consciousness and mumbles. I assist the EMTs in carrying her out. We start to take her to the ambulance, she starts throwing up.

Chocolate milk. over and over again.

We carry her through the house and have to stop to tilt her, so she can throw up more chocolate milk.

We get her to the ambulance, her family is watching. She continues to throw up chocolate milk.

I follow the ambulance to the hospital.

The EMTs unload her. I look in the back of the ambulance expecting nothing but chocolate milk.

EMTs catches my looking.

"what you looking for?"
-checking to see if the ambulance is covered in chocolate milk.
"She threw up the whole way, but we managed to catch it."

Two days later I still want chocolate milk

1 Comments:

Anonymous Raindog said...

Awesome Post! Can I steal this story for my blog?

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home