Friday, April 24, 2009

Lying pt 2

We get a call from another agency.

There is a lady with a two felony warrants at an address, could I go check.
-Sure. (the address is rarely good, but I'll make the effort)

I go to the address.
-hi I am DD, I am looking for Evelyn to give a notice.

ex-husband," she doesn't live here. she gets her mail, but she live with Pauline, here is her phone number. what is this about.

-well, I can't really tell you. I just have to notify Evelyn of something in person.

"ok"
I call the number and leave a message call me back.

ten minutes later Evelyn calls.
"what is this about?"
-I need to give you notice in person.
"Why?"
-another agency requested it.
"you aren't going to arrest me?"
-why would I arrest you?
"I don't know"

I get her address and fake I am checking her for warrants
-looks like you have a warrant out of Wyoming. I check if it is cite and release. That way I can get you cleared.
"okay, check and let me know"

I call Dispatch and confirm the 2 felony warrants.

-I called they are checking. I am still on hold, but I think it is cite and release. Meet me at the Circle K in 5 minutes.
"okay"

She shows up. I pretend I am on the phone confirming the warrant. She hesitates getting out of the car, but does.

-your under arrest. Wyoming wants you arrest and will transport you.
"I already did 90 days on that charge"
-well the judge wants to talked to you.

I transport her. I feel a little bad. Lying is not the best tactic. I even ask other officers. Not there usual tactic either, but...
Wyoming send the warrants. Assault II and Assault II Domestic Violence (involving a gun)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I'm surprised she showed up at all... regardless of what you said to her, wouldn't she know if she had a warrant out for her?

1:38 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

she had done time in prison and was still on parole/probation. she just assumed her commitment was up. being as sheepish as she was, she had to have an idea she was in violation of her conditions.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home