Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Circus

The circus was in town.

I get a call. A man has a civil question.

Fired from the circus. He is drunk and his teeth are green and rotting where they touch.

"I want my stuff and they owe me money"
-i'll see what they have to say. stay here

Drive to the circus walk through the families and talk to the manager
"He is drunk. I got kids and tigers and a circus to run. I gave him 45 minutes to grab his crap."
He hands me a garbage bag of stuff

I go to were the guy was supposed to be, he is gone. I ask nearby person.
"I saw him walk towards the liquor store"
great, now I got a bag of crap.
Three hours later the drunk carnie calls back.
"i'll be at 1st and A St."

He ain't there, but there are 5 empty airplane vodka bottles.

He calls again. He is a block away.

I meet him there. He thinks only 5 minutes have gone by since he first talked to me, even though the sun has gone down. He smells more like alcohol.

-here is your stuff and I have a place for you to sleep

"I ain't going to lie I am drunk"
Now I have a drunk carnie story.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good story!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Doesn't everybody need a drunk carnie story? :)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home