Sunday, March 01, 2009

Honesty

it is 9:35.
my shift ends early for my 3 days weekend.
i pull behind a car.
it screams pull me over.
it tries to get out of my way.
i stop it.
-license, registration and insurance
"i just got the car from my uncle, I haven't switched the registration, but i have the title."

pause, hands me all the paperwork

"i'll be honest i haven't paid my insurance, so i don't think i have insurance"
-you know what happens when you don't have insurance?
"yes, i Have had it happen before. i just got paid" envelope of money sitting on dash

the insurance paperwork he handed me is good for another three months. the dmv records show the card insured. he doesn't have priors (as an adult)

-well with exception of you being honest with me i wouldn't have known you don't have insurance.
i can't contact the insurance company and the dmv records show you are insured. so

"on man I had to be honest."

-yup, but I can't punish honesty, so i'll follow you the 100 feet to your home, ok?

"thanks, i'll check tomorrow"
-i believe you, because someone else might pull you over tomorrow. HINT HINT

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Honesty must be a nice change of pace.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home