Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jenny

I met Jenny 4 months ago.
She and her bf Darrin, were splitting up. Darrin evidently knocked up another lady. Jenny did not appreciate that and took the two kids.
What occurred during the next week was example of how people behave when they break up.

My first call was Jenny was at their home, grabbing her stuff to leave. Darrin was there with his parents. Jenny accused Darrin's mom of pushing her. Darrin's mom accuse Jenny of throwing a cord at her. Jenny wants to take a car registered to Darrin, even though her DL is suspended.

I get there, Jenny is with her parent outside the house and Darrin is in the house with his parents.

Both sides explain how evil, crazy, wrong, stupid, guilty the other parts is. The house has been ransacked, complete with notes scribbled lipstick.

Each party also alleges prior abuse from the last week, that they did not report and don't have any real witnesses. Darrin's dad threatened Jenny when she came to his house at 3 am. Darrin tackled Jenny's dad at his house.
-why didn't you report it?
"we were trying to be civil
-if you want to make a report call
"we will think about it"
-okay everyone stay away from each other. get lawyers so we don't have anymore problems, if you want a restraining order or secure property you believe you have a right to go the court. have a nice night.

they separate.
Part 2:
Jenny's mom calls and wants to report Jenny's dad was assaulted by Darrin last week and they want to press charges. I investigate and start interviewing who was there. Darrin was there and there was a scuffle, which puts Darrin in the wrong, but Jenny's family neglects to mention the bbgun or rifle that was pointed and shot at Darrin, who will press charges if has charges pressed against him. I explain that to both parties, suddenly there are no victims, no crime.

-STAY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER.

Part 3:
Jenny, who I know is suspended drives by with no seatbelt, in Darrin's car.
I stop her. she is talking to her friend and looks at me.
"well it's no good lying to you, you know I am suspended"
-isn't this Darrin's car?
"he is letting me borrow it, things are civil now.
-well i hate to tell you this cars registration is not current, not to Darrin, you weren't wearing a seatbelt and you are suspended. I'll be impounding it.
"okay, my house is just up the block"
-glad to hear things are at least civil, you guys have kids together.

Part 4:
yesterday Jenny drives by in the same car i towed her in the last time.
I stop her, I am pretty sure she is suspended, the registration is still wrong and expired.
-hey Jenny
"I got a license now, but it's not on me, i left my purse at home." (women don't leave there purses at home)
-okay. how are things?
"Darrin and I are back together, We are seeing counsellors"
-okay the registration is still wrong and expired

Dispatch informs me Jenny is still suspended and she has two warrants.
-hey Jenny would you step back to my car?
"yeah"

-Jenny you have two warrants, so here is the deal. I am not going to arrest you in front of the your kids. Can someone come down and pick the car and the kids?
"Yeah I call Darrin"
Darrin comes and picks up the kids and the car.

I handcuff Jenny and take her jail.
"thanks for letting Darrin take the car and not cuffing me infront of the kids"
-I am glad you guys are trying for the kids and you have always been cooperative.

3 Comments:

Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

What do you predict long-term for Jenny and Darrin? Will they wind up together or will their life be one unending round of turmoil?

5:42 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

depending how much counselling they attend, otherwise it will probably be somewhat stable

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

I wonder why people bother lying to the police, when they (should) know that the information is in the computers, and will probably be checked.
That was good of you to wait and have the kids picked up. That's the kind of scene that can burn in a kid's memory.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home