Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Long days

The past four days we have been short. The brass has been robbing days for swings. The extra school resource officers have returned to working schools, taking another patrol to fill a vacancy.
I am averaging 23+ calls a shift, not including the info calls on the two major cases that are under investigation.

I haven't made it home for lunch in 3 days, managing to get a sandwich between calls. Today I pull into Subway between calls. A guy almost opens his door into my patrol car. I smile and make small talk with him towards Subway, happy to get a meal.

I get grabbed by a lady. There are two little kids in a car and I don't know where the adult is. I walk to the car and mom comes out. I get listen to them yell at each other and I get to mediate and make my way back to Subway. There are 8 people in front of me, including the gentleman who nearly smacked my door.

I wait and order my sandwich and get ready to pay for it. The employee never asks for money, I wasn't paying attention, I was thinking about filling up my water bottle with ice and water. Staying cool. The gentleman in front of me paid for my sandwich, before I could do anything about it. I thank him profusely, giving me a smile and making my 5 minute lunch better.

2 Comments:

Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

Nice when there are those little points of positive in a day filled with crap.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

That was really nice of him :)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home