Thursday, October 01, 2009

Customer Service

I recently had a took a report. Zak states while he was in Idaho for a year, his name was forged on paperwork and the title of his car was signed over.
The car that his ex-girlfriend was making payments. Amy had possession of the car now. Zak states he has done some research with the DMV and the transfer of title doesn't have all the right forms. He has the copy of the transfer form, which he claims is not his signature. Zak believes that Amy is responsible. Zak would contact Amy, but he has prior stalking order and can't contact Amy.

Red Flag #1, besides the guy being creepy and admitting he has a verbal deal to sell the car to Amy, now the "I used to have a stalking order against me"

I take a case and will begin the process to investigate. Detective Shell calls me and gives me the background on Zak.

"Zak used to be a stand up guy and then one day snapped. Cheated on his wife with Amy and then just went off the deep end more. They broke up and he called a death threat to Amy's kids and school. Zak was following her around and sending email, until he was arrested for the threat."

-thanks, that puts things into perspective.

I go meet with Amy at work and ask if she has the paperwork for the car. Amy is visibly shaking and upset that this is being investigated and can't believe she is being harassed. Amy provides documentation that she has title and registration. She bought the car from Zak after he purchased it. She got a weird call from him about a year ago and went to the bank to clear up some confusion. The bank, who was in contact with Zak, signed over the car into her name, with his permission and power of attorney.

I call the DMV and get records showing who owns it, since it was register. They have documents stating the power of attorney from the bank, with Zak's signature. It was signed over from Zak to Amy about a year ago. They mention no form missing or anything unusual in the transaction.

I call the bank that did transaction and leave a message

I call Zak and stating the investigation is concluded.

"Why?"
-no forgery occurred.
"but that isn't my signature"
-most likely not. it is the banks signature when you gave them power of attorney, included in the DMV's form.
"but there are forms missing!"
-not enough the DMV stopped the process or stop Amy for re-registrating the vehicle.
"What?"
-Zak , the investigation is concluded. leave Amy alone"
"DD a crime was committed and I am shocked you don't want to investigate"
-I did. No crime occurred. Stop using legal/civil matters to provoke contact with Amy. You are lucky I can't prove you knew this was false when you reported it, otherwise I would arrest you."

He starts yelling and rambling
-You can stop yelling or this conversation is over.
"Can I have your Sgt's names"

I give him the number and warn the Sgt. The call never came to Sgt, but I did get a fax from Zak with more paperwork regulations and scribbled note stating, how dare I assume he is stalking her and that a crime has occurred and the paperwork is out of order. I guess he talked to one of other Sgt.

I then go home, only to have a angry phone call from Amy who states I didn't call her back (i didn't promise to and told when I left this wasn't going any further). Amy states she and her work is going to get an attorney to prevent the office from harassing her. Amy is upset at Zak and now me for investigating crimes. She is going to contact DA office.

-okay

The next day I contact the bank. They don't have records of the transaction, but remember the deal. They contacted him Idaho and approved the transfer of title and the power of attorney that was included in the forms the DMV gave me. I asked to talk to the person who actually did the transfer, who was sick and will call me back.

I talk the report up and send it to the DA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home