Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day Shift

The next two weeks we are short day shift.
How short? 1 or no officers.
I look at the schedule and flag down the Sgt.
-I'll checked the schedule and I'll work doubles on these 3 days.
"Really, I'll check the schedule. Yup were short and I'll put you in for the those days"

Two days later the word comes down the pipeline, assigned overtime and shift switching for most officers.
The exception is me. I get keep my shifts and the overtime I signed up for. Another Sgt asks why I signed up for doubles?
-i saw we were short, i wanted to help and wanted to pick shifts, rather be picked
"You don't have to do that"
-yeah I know, but i like it here.

So next week I will be working 6am -11 pm for three days, the last three days of my week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Raindog said...

I hope you are full of energy because you are going to be so tired!

3:01 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

yup. but I would have been a volunter

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home