Tuesday, August 17, 2010

395

395 another term for DUII.
Last night we get a call of 395 headed into the my pond. Being near where he is last seen driving, I keep mobile, looking for the white pickup.

As I head westbound on street, I spot a white pickup waiting to turn onto a side street. I slow and get a partial plate which match the 395 vehicle. The vehicle turns into me, without warning.
I am going 40 mph. I manage to gun it and jerk the wheel out of the way, avoiding the collision.

I whip around and call out that the suspect 395 vehicle nearly hit me head-on.
He stops.
-how much have you had to drink that you thought pulling out infront of me would be a good idea?
"too much"

he refuses to take the Field Sobriety Test. I take him to jail, he refuses to blow, but provides a detox sample for the jail staff of .19% about 2 hours after I took him there.

3 Comments:

Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

Damn, for a minute there, I thought you were going to tell us you'd cracked up *another* vehicle! Glad you (and the vehicle) escaped damage.

8:43 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

i was dreading making that call

11:38 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Good reflexes, I'm glad you weren't hurt.
This story reminds me of the movie "Outside Providence" where the kid gets sent to prep school because he got stoned and hit a parked cop car.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home