Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Decide for me

I was going to call this post Pot and Coasters, but then I had the best day at tazer training. So you get to pick. I had a great "Friday" started out farting around town. I waiting for drunks to come speeding down from the lake running plates. When we have a winner drives by suspended. I follow await for a reason to stop the car and presto, I am impounding your vehicle for being suspended. "is there anything I need to know about in the car? tell me before I find it and I can work with you." typical no response and the driver takes off, because I don't have a reason to detain him.

Inventory of the vehicle reveals pot pipe w/freshly burned pot. Unfortunately, I can't find the driver in town to give him the extra ticket. I search the local bar, where he said he was going to catch a ride from, but he ain't there.

Oh well, I'll just cross the street and get back into my car and move on. But no, 18 year driver and with lack of attention of me, in the crosswalk and 8 people waiting at the crosswalk on the other side, plus the vehicle stopped going the other directions- is evidently extremely hard for her to notice and she drives through the crosswalk with me in it.

So I do my first traffic stop on foot, pointing, using my talent of voice, "YOU! STOP! PULL OVER!", the driver pulls over. There is nothing like doing that in the downtown area full of people. Here is your ticket, be safe. Then off to dispose of the pot pipe smelling up the car and get back into car. Drive two blocks.

Why is that guy laying next car in the middle of the street? The car is stopped in traffic and the guy is sitting on the ground just outside of the vehicle. I am about to request medical, when his buddy picks him up and they start walking. The vehicle drives off and traffic prevents me from getting a plate. The man is walking down the street with an open beer can and his buddy. I stop them. They smell like beer and are drunk.

"I had enough of the bitch and got out of the car. She crossed the line. Yup, It was time to go"

He isn't injured, I debate what to do and give open container a ticket. I explain further contact will result in detox or jail....UNDERSTAND? "YES" Both guys are polite but had about 8 beers.
"Thanks for the ticket your an asshole" both shake my hand, the guy I cited wants a hug, UH NO! and go on there merry way.

I return to my happy little way and watch as town slowly goes to sleep. Only on bar open and it's deserted at check. So I do some foot patrol in the downtown area, looking inside and making sure everything is cool.

Cough Cough Cough. (what makes some one cough like that.....) It is so quiet and there is no one around, so I can sneak up on the cook staff behind the local restaurant. He can't hear me walk up, he continues to cough as a walk up.

"got a sore throat" lighter in right hand and an object he is hiding in his left, which he smoothly puts in back pocket and then pulls a pack a smokes.
"yeah"
hesitation. he fishes out the pot pipe with small amount of weed and hands it over the bag.

So I give the lecture and run him.

"Option 2 please, I can't get fired from here."

Then I go in and talk to the bar staff. The are waiting for the dishwasher to get down having a drink. We talk breweries and they show me the latest stickers from a brewery that came down for a sampling and give me coasters. I leave with pot and coasters. I never thought I would be logging pot for destruction. Wife laughs when I tell her and say the same thing. "ever think you would destroy so much pot." No, but I got more coasters.

Part 2, off work 2 am, training at 8 am. Time to ride the buffalo.

What is a buffalo ride? Well brudda knows (there will be a video available). I explain I have been waiting 6 months for the certification training for the Tazer, so I can carry it. Mine has been waiting in the safe until yesterday. Evidently the training only occurs 6 months, even with 8 agencies in the area. The training is 6-8 hours and the instructors say were going to go through some safety stuff and then will do the "exposures" for those who would like to volunteer and there are several ways to do it. Having had previous "exposures" to tazers, I decline the shot and go for the alligator clips.

The shot is two barbs from the gun into your back and the 5 seconds. The barbs hurts and leave nasty marks. (I allegedly had exposure once-no thanks)

The alligator clips attach to were ever you want, replacing the barbs. (done something similar before).

I watch the other guys take the shot, leaves two pencil eraser size wounds when the barbs are pulled out. Both guys complain all day how painful it is.

I take the alligator clips and fall over. Yup, it hurts, but 5 seconds and I am done ( i got two small burns from the clips but I usually hurt myself worse). Then a break to watch the video of all three of us getting it, which is will be viewed by the whole department for a laugh. So the rest of day goes by and without much excitement besides the shock. But it makes conversation with people neat. example
Dry Cleaner "how is it going?" (Dropping off uniforms)
Can't complain got tazered yesterday
"why in hell for?"
training got to know how it feels
"cripes, I don't think I would want that"

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

There are few who can pull over a car by voice alone - the Force is with you.
*grin*

The cook staff reminds me of living in Santa Cruz - pot smoking seemed rather laid back in that town. I've seen waitresses sitting out *front* of a restaurant smoking half a joint on their break, snubbing it out, pocketing the rest and returning to work.

But then, they also handed out pot on the front steps of city hall to protest the DEA one time (you could get some so long as you had a prescription)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Raindog said...

I had quarter sized burns for a week. The taser did not hurt, but it angered me. When I I was done, I felt great due to the endorphins without a source of pain.

9:53 AM  
Blogger deputydog said...

when i get the video i'll show you. the dept has cameras in their radio mikes (fancy)

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home