Sunday, June 01, 2008

I have lived a full life

I've done it. I do not know how to top it. I have reached the pinnacle of my career, barely a year into my current job. Everything that I hoped LE would be has come to completion.

Yesterday while following a car to see if the were just a bad driver or possibly more, slams on the brakes. I think great here we go, but no.

Little did I know that my moment had come.

I key the mike....(pause for drama) and tell Dispatch.

"I'll be out with 2 ponies". never were truer words spoken. nothing more ominous. how many times do you get to say that? how would it end? what had happened? what it be another tragic pony vs. officer confrontation we always hear about on Dateline? I don't want to be accused of profiling

"I am attempting to herd the ponies." what does one do with loose ponies?
first, get them off the road.
second, figure out where they go
third, get rid off ponies.
fourth, how many times can I say ponies over the air.

"Can you find a phone number for 123 Fake Street?" Dispatch provides the number

"I am away from my phone to you contact them, find out if they have ponies? (pause) If they do can you tell them there ponies are loose?"

lady arrives from long driveway. <>
"the driveway gate is wide open"


i resist the urge to ask for a pony ride.
"nothing, just don't like to see animals get hurt".

tell the wife in the morning - smiles .

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

OK, I think I should not drink a couple glasses of wine prior to reading your blog, because I was sitting here trying to remember what the police jargon "ponies" meant... then I realized you were being literal.

:)

btw... I mailed the coasters to you last week, so you should get them any day.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fozziwig, the pony police man!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home