Friday, October 03, 2008

What I won't be doing

I almost forgot this little tale. Lady calls she has trapped a raccoon. Seems the little buggers have been getting into the garage through the cat door and eating pet food and peanut butter. So she got a trap and caught herself a raccoon (which I found out is a no no w/o permit).

The lady calls and doesn't know what to do with the raccoon. I'll take it into the woods out of town and let it go. I am on my merry way, when I am provided with fish&game contact number. I call and talk to the person with the info. fish&game lady saws you can't trap w/o permit, but since it is already done go ahead and dispatch the raccoon. They could have rabies or some other disease associate with dogs.

-Okay, will do-. i say and hang up

I don't think so. I drive to the woods let the bugger go and tell my partner I let the raccoon go before I called fish&game. Ooops

I am not shooting an animal who is not injured, dangerous, and in a frackin cage. There so many animals in town, I am not shooting them because they came into contact with people. fish&game can come out and do it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

That lady might want to consider some kind of alternative for her cats instead of that cat door, if she has raccoons in her yard. Doesn't really do her much good to attract them with food in her garage and a clear, open way for them to waltz right in.

That's nice of you to let the little guy go instead of dispatching him. I wonder how much of a territory range they have, and if he will find his way back to that particular stash of catfood and peanut butter.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call Brudha!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home