Saturday, January 31, 2009

Alcohol and Assault

There is a call of a fight. I am not assigned, but fall in behind the primary officer as he goes code.
I arrive to see the Sgt. attempting to pull someone out of the trailer.
I step in and start pulling a female out. The Sgt and primary deal with the people on the inside.

A female, covered in spit and sweat, smelling of alcohol, charges the door, past the Sgt and primary. I let the first female go, who is cooperative and calm and grab the charging female.

The charging female (we are going to call her banshee), wants away from everybody.
"I am getting the f#$K out of her".
I grab her and she falls face first on the deck and now is trying to crawl away from me. I sit on her, while the other officer gloves up. Banshee is now clinging to the deck to prevent me from handcuffing her, squirming like a drunken fish.

I pry her arm and I slide with her on her back, down the steps, into a snow pile. Where my partner L, puts handcuffs on her. L cuffs her and then goes inside to help Sgt. Banshee is unfriendly and loud, after a couple minutes she calms down a little. I get her out of the snow and lean her against the trailer.

Banshee is concerned about her contact and then I see her arm jerk forward and her right arm is out of the cuffs and she is checking for her contact. I call for L and grab her arm and put her to the ground, while L assist in re-cuffing her.

Again I wait for her to calm down, before letting her up. L has gone inside again to assist Sgt.
I am trying to talk to Banshee.
That's when I get a present. Banshee mule kicks me in the left shin.
She goes to the ground again and struggles against me. I hold her down arms up. L comes out and ask what we are doing on the ground.
-She kicked me
I show him the perfect print from her shoe on my pant leg.
L gets called to another place, stating he always miss the fun stuff.

Primary comes out says Banshee is going on Detox hold.
-she kicked me too.
"Ok, grab your car I'll watch her."
Banshee becomes hysterical. Screaming and spitting, while I bring my car up for the transport.

Primary ask for my spit hood. Banshee is spitting and squirming. The hood goes on and she becomes dead weight. We drag her to the car.
Banshee starts slamming her head into the plexiglass partition and spitting through the mask.
"I am going to f$#king kill you, you white racists f#$kers".
We seat belt her in, tight so she can slam her head into the glass.
I am en route to the jail. I let them know she is uncooperative. Banshee is screaming at the top her lungs. Dispatch can barely hear me. I go with my lights on. Banshee is kicking and spitting.

"I hope your wife dies, your kids dies, your mom dies etc"

I apologize to the jail.
-I didn't cook her, she was already upset.
Banshee continues her performance and is put in a holding cell.

I charge her with the assault and detox hold her.

I leave and 45 minutes later I call the jail, I can hear her wailing in the background.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Ouch. I was just wondering today where you've been... you've been quiet for a while. Now I know.

When you say you slid down the steps with her, you mean you were pinning her down and she went backwards down the steps into a snow bank? That sounds awfully painful.

3:35 PM  
Blogger deputydog said...

been busy with the dog surgery.
the house sold friday...money in the bank!

basically i rode her like a sled down the steps into the snow bank.
she was feeling no pain

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Congrats on the house selling!

And she didn't feel any pain at the moment, but I bet she was sore as shit after detox.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home