Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Elephant

I am the elephant in the room.

I am standing in the middle of the room.

Family and Friends come in the talk to mom, try to make her feel better.

Her son was at the end of the driveway.

She turned around and he was gone.

She got in the car.

She drove up and down the street.

Knocked on doors and called friends.

It is dark now. The volunteers are called out. The dog tries to find a sent trail.

2 hours go by.

I am elephant.

The son is found 6 miles away on a highway walking and returned.

I can leave

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

How frightening... I'm so glad the son made it home, I hope unharmed.

I wouldn't have a clue what to say to the mother during that ordeal.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Raindog said...

Six Miles?

Good Lord.

11:16 AM  
Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

Terrifying.
Now that my 3 year old knows how to undeadbolt the doors, I live in fear she'll disappear while I'm in the bathroom at some point. They move so fast and so quietly when they want to.
So glad he made it home.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home