Friday, May 15, 2009

Long Term Problem

I noticed a trend, one day about two weeks ago.

At first I thought it was a fluke or an accident.

Then it happened another couple of days.

Calls are supposed to be on rotation, if officers are available.

One officer is noticeably getting skipped. Even when he is free.

I have cleared one call, to be dispatched to another, repeat x3.
Officer D has the same thing happen to him.

Officer M is not assigned any calls during that time.


Officer D "what is the deal with dispatch?"
-what do you mean? (I am on probation, don't start arguments or gripes)

"Dispatch isn't giving M any calls, what is the deal?"
-I thought I was the only one getting it, but I looked at your call history. you are getting it as well
"this is bull, if this continues.....
-I don't mind if it's a his Friday or he is on a call, but come on.
" I think it is because the ladies at Dispatch like him. I am may have to have a talk if it continues."
-we will see if it is a long term problem or short term.

That was last week. Every shift I work with M, I have noticed the same trend.
At one time I got 5 calls in a row. M was available the whole time. One call was 40 minutes away in the woods, followed by another extra patrol request another 30 minutes out and another 45 minutes driving around. All of which missed my dinner and on my friday. I was out of central area for over 4 hours.

We will see how it goes. If it continues.

6 more months on probation, don't rock the boat, shut up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Is Officer D going to say anything? And would it be rocking the boat if you agree with him?

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home