Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Demise of my return...

I have been off.
I was going to test with another pond, but they said "due to budget concerns all new hiring is on hold", which saved me 6 hrs of driving and I got to spend the day with the wife.

We went to the local farm. I pointed out a "winner winner chicken dinner" car with 2 young guys acting weird as we arrived. They soon left the farm, but as we drove home with our pumpkins the var was out w/3 OSP cars.

So I went to work for two days, waiting for the real secret of my absence. Reno. 4 days off in Reno, with the mrs and the in laws. The in laws wanted to go with use for years now and before the weather turns bad. Love to do small gambling and sample all the beers.

No dogs to worry about.We kenneled the dogs at a new place, because of the last surgery the dogs just aren't excited about being kenneled at the vet.

So I get off work Sunday morning about 3 am, come home to bed and get up at 8 to pack the car and the dogs. We drop the dogs off at the kennel and drive to KFalls to meet the in laws, pile into one car.

Reno was great. Only bummer was Fitzgeralds is closing and the whole place had a bummer attitude. We spent almost no time there. In the past Fitzgeralds was a great little place. We won and had a good time. Now the end was near.

I made my first sports bet on the Monday night football game, Browns vs. Giants. FIL and I go down to the sports book and ask how to be. It's not hard and booky gives the run down.

Sure the Giants were 8 pt favorites, but betting on the Giants would have only won me $1 for every $10 bet, so I take Browns $1 gets me $3, so I bet $10.

We were going to have a fancy dinner. But Mrs, says, "hey lets got to Brews Brothers, so we can watch game and have good beer." god i love her.

I had a big guy who won $50000 hand everybody at the bar a $20. Which was neat, because I was at the bar.

It was nice hotel room with a huge tub. My brudda would have loved it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Sounds like a fun trip. :)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home