Sunday, December 07, 2008

It's Hard

New place new things to learn. Some things a touch different than the way I am used to doing it
But the officers are great. I have yet to meet the jerk or assholes or malcontents.
I am having a great time and like the department.

The worst thing ... finding out thing about a co-worker from my old job.
My old pond only had the 3 officers, the chief, a clerk and a community service officer. All but one officer had been there at least 7 years.

My buddy came from the area I am now.
I could not figure why he would leave a big pond with good money for a smaller pond with less money and commuting a hour to get to work. He would not elaborate why he left. Said it had to do with his wife wanting a more peaceful job site.

It still didn't add up. He wouldn't apply when they had openings at my new pond, never giving a good reason. I thought it would be great to work with him at the new pond. He was the only person who had bad things to say about my new department (always ask about new department). I even asked a family friend who used to be an ADA in the county what the deal was and it allegedly was a beef with the DA, but nothing else.

I like this guy. Knows a lot, great amount of experience and good at the job. Sure he could be a bit of a jerk, who isn't.

I get to my new pond and start asking questions about my buddy.
Both times I have gotten the same response.
"The jerk who got the resign or you will be charged." speech
He was city, not county and there was an investigation. I still don't have all the info, but there was possible charges.
I bugs me, to think so much for a fellow officer and then to hear the negative and possible lack of integrity. I haven't talk to him since and don't know if he will respond to emails. We will see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

It's difficult to know exactly what happened until you talk directly to your friend. It could have been a misunderstanding of some kind... the people in your new pond who are calling him a jerk might be spreading rumors.

If he actually had charges brought against him, wouldn't that prevent him from getting a new job somewhere else?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home