Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Long Arm of the Law

This is in reference to the post, "you can't win them all", if you read it, this is the story with a happy ending or part II.
My small pond has been replaced by a sea. A huge sea with several places to fish.

When I came over to the sea, I made an effort to find the guy, who lied to me. I could not prove he was driving drunk. He bragged to others.

I found the street.
I found the house.
I found the car. It is still registered incorrectly parked next to his girlfriend's car. She is has a valid license.
I rerun my guy. (Beware the dog's book, your info goes in and is reviewed.)
He is still suspended.

I have been working for 4 weeks. I am patrolling the area and see the car. My guy is in the car. He goes about three feet and stops the car. I whip around and light him up.
-he can i see your license and insurance?
"I don't have insurance"
-are you still suspended?
"how would you know?" he turn and makes eye contact. The goatee is new, but the face is the same.
-do you remember me?
"yeah" he looks down, " i am a good guy, i got a job and i am trying to pay things off"
-yeah, i know that is the same lies you told me last time.
he ask why i came to thenew area. I resist telling him to get him.


I tow his car and scratch him $1000 worth of tickets.
I wait until I leave to smile and tell my boss, my coworkers, my wife and anyone else I can. It has made my day.

4 Comments:

Blogger MrsLEO said...

Such a meany. He's the only reason we moved here right?

5:52 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

:) Nice nab - Happy New Year to you!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a guy brags like that, you have to hammer him again and again and again.

Word gets around.

The point is made.

10:35 AM  
Blogger deputydog said...

I know where he lives and like to hunt in that area. the second best part is telling the sheriff and him saying "that's why the big smile"

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home