Friday, December 12, 2008

MJ

I mentioned MJ in an entry about three weeks ago. He was happy to do the ride along. MJ missed the hunt and joy.

He worked at my first department. He got shit canned about a month before I got shit canned. I don't know the whole story, but he was shafted. He was there for a year. They didn't turn his certification paperwork in and certain S. had it out for him. They fired him and then poisoning any opportunity he had to get another job, S. saw to that.

He tried to get back into LE, trying all over the state. He would test well, interview well and then they would get to background. It would always go back to poisoned pond and S. Then he would get the letter or the phone call, "sorry".

It had been almost two years. I called him over the whole time trying to help, offering advise and trying to help. MJ had good reference from the good people at the poison pond. MJ wasn't perfect, but didn't deserve what happened to him. He was a good cop. I could hear it in his voice, his spirit was sinking.

I when I found out I was going to the bigger pond. I called him let him know. I told him to talk to the Chief. I talked to the Chief. Chief took a chance on me and MJ was better than me.

I talked to the good people from the poison pond and encourage a phone call to Chief. MJ tested Tuesday. I get the text and the phone call later that day.

"I am number #1 in the testing. They are going to do the background and if I pass that I will have the job. Thanks"

MJ won't make good money. MJ won't have a big pond. But MJ will be a cop, again. MJ can prowl. It made my heart happy.


Week 2 at the new pond, loving it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

That was a great thing you did, helping him out. :)

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home